Newegg provides an industry-leading e-commerce selling platform, comprehensive online marketing and advertising, and high performance back-end systems to help brands, manufacturers, and resellers to successfully sell Canada Wide. Newegg provides a shortcut for international sellers by providing Canada Wide order fulfillment services, product merchandising, customer service, and other value-added solutions…all designed to make your entry to market fast, easy, and profitable.
Why Sell to Canada?
Affluent Consumer Base
Vastly Expanding E-commerce Market
We sincerely invite you to become a business partner
If you have exciting and innovative products of high quality, and are confident in the competitiveness of these products, you are likely to be successful in the North American e-commerce market and beyond. Newegg has excellent support teams and a state-of-the-art e-commerce platform that processes over 50,000 orders per day. We provide the support and the most favorable terms to help you succeed in the North American e-tail market and beyond.
International companies can choose to store their products in Newegg’s many warehouses via our Shipped by Newegg program. With Shipped by Newegg, we take care of all your logistics needs. Please ask your Account Manager for more details.
Companies may also ship products directly to the consumer but must meet Newegg service standards including shipping within 72 hours and providing full-refunds or exchanges for customer service inquiries.
Newegg’s award-winning customer support team provides what is widely viewed as the best customer service in the e-commerce industry. All new goods sold are subject to a 30-day satisfaction guarantee which as the manufacturer, you agree to support.
Have These Ready Before Enrolling
To apply as a Newegg International seller, you will need to provide the following attachments with your attachment:
- Seller’s business operations are outside Canada (sellers based in Canada should apply as a Canadian Domestic Seller).
- Valid business license from the area where your business is located.
- VOID cheque or bank reference letter that matches your company credentials (only when using wire transfer or Paypal).
- Certification of company liability insurance and product insurance.
- Bank information for international wire transfer. Bank information must align with the business license and merchant invoices. PayPal account (optional).
- Acknowledge and agree to Newegg.ca Marketplace Terms and Conditions.
Categories and Commissions
|Arts & Crafts||15%|
|Auto & Hardware||10%|
|Bags & Luggage||15%|
|Books, Media & Entertainment||13%|
|Camera & Photo||9%|
|Cell Phone Accessories||12%|
|DVD & Videos||10%|
|Health & Personal care||15%|
|Home & Living||15%|
|Motorcycles & Powersports||10%|
|Outdoor & Garden||14%|
|Toys Games & Hobbies||10%|
|Unlocked Cell Phones||8%|
|Video Game Consoles||8%|
Becoming a Newegg International Seller is a great business opportunity you don’t want to miss. Apply now to join Newegg and start selling today.
International Seller FAQ
All available product categories are listed on the seller commission page. Currently, all products selling on www.newegg.ca must be listed with price in Canadian Dollar. If you would like to request a specific category not listed above please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already listed your products through Newegg Marketplace on www.newegg.com, you can list the same product listings to www.newegg.ca by following the steps here.
Yes. Our promotional vehicles provide opportunities to help sellers drive sales, provided they meet our criteria. Our Merchandising Team works closely with our sellers to develop a structured plan, which identifies and targets successful marketing vehicles for optimal performance.
With the Newegg vendor management platform (Seller Portal), companies can utilize its powerful functionality and ease of operation for back-office systems for pricing, shipping management, and inventory management. Manufacturers can also manually change pricing, make changes in inventory quantity, etc. The system can also be used to FTP transfer CSV, Tab Delimited, Excel, XML and other formats of electronic information, for regular updating or product details, quantity and pricing.
Once you complete the registration, Newegg will open an FTP transfer account for your company. You can use CSV, Tab Delimited, Excel, XML and other formats of electronic information to upload data files. All information must comply with the provisions of the Newegg seller agreement, pictures and merchandise must have a copy of copyright authorization, and all content must be in English language.
Once you complete the registration, Newegg provides the option of using CSV, Tab Delimited, Excel, XML and other formats of electronic information to upload data files including FTP.
You are allowed 72 hours to ship an order upon receiving order confirmation from us. After 72 hours, orders will auto-void and you will not be paid, regardless if you have shipped the merchandise or not.
No, you are allowed 72 hours on all items sold on Newegg Canada Marketplace. If you know that certain items require more than 72 hours to prepare, we encourage you not to list those items on our marketplace.
Will Newegg pursue the customer for payment if I ship an order that was auto-voided (past 72-hour shipping deadline)?
No, Newegg will not be responsible for pursuing payment on your behalf. Fulfilling orders within 72 hours is the responsibility of our sellers.
No, Newegg will not credit sellers for merchandise loss. If an order is not shipped within 72 hours, sellers are responsible.
No, the 72 hour deadline includes working business days only. Each order has a date time stamp which indicates when orders will auto-void. The 72 hour time-stamp is calculated in Pacific Standard Time (PST). This timestamp is located in the Order List in our Seller Portal.
Please note: If you are not in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, please process your orders earlier to prevent auto-voids.
Yes, you can ship your orders to Canadian customers directly. We recommend that you ship via an international express mail service within 48 hours of receiving the order. Once you have shipped the order, please upload the parcel waybill information into the Seller Portal within 24 hours.
Global sellers not registered to do business in Canada should review Canada’s regulatory requirements and comply with local tax regulations. Newegg will remit applicable taxes to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms. It is the seller’s responsibility to comply with all HST/GST and PST applicable reporting and remittance requirements as established by the CRA.
International sellers with no Canadian presence do not need to setup tax settings in the Newegg Canada seller portal. When international sellers ship orders from outside of Canada into Canada, sellers are required to ship orders by “Delivered Duty Paid” terms. As shipper, the seller pays all applicable duties and taxes levied by Canada customs upon import into Canada. Sellers will recover applicable taxes upon payment settlement by Newegg Canada as the tax will be collected from Canadian Customers and remitted to sellers.
Regardless of whether Sellers are leveraging the Shipped by Newegg (SBN) fulfillment service or opt for their own fulfillment, sellers are seller of record. As such, Seller is fully responsible for the collection and remittance of taxes on the sales transactions seller conducts on Newegg.ca. DOMESTIC sellers have the option to collect PST in 4 provinces: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Quebec and British Columbia, only if they have a separate business registration # in any of the fore mentioned provinces. INTERNATIONAL sellers should follow the answer from above question.
Feedback and Performance
The Newegg Marketplace third-party seller rating system is 1 to 5 eggs, with 5 eggs being the best. After a customer has ordered from a third party seller, the customer has 60 days to leave comments, feedback, and ratings to inform other customers about their experience. We consider 4 to 5 egg ratings as positive experiences, 3 is neutral, and 1 to 2 eggs are negative experiences. A third-party seller’s average rating will appear alongside their name on Newegg site. See our completed seller review Posting Policy.
Most sellers will receive some negative feedback at one time or another. If you have large number of negative feedback, you may want to review your business practices and adjust to the demands of your customers. When you receive a negative feedback, there are several ways you can respond:
- Learn from it: Each negative feedback remark is a great opportunity to learn about and improve your operational practices. When you are signed in your seller account on Seller Portal, you can see the customer’s name and the associated order numbers. Review the order which received the negative feedback, fix any underlying problems in your operation, and move on.
- Ask the buyer to remove the feedback: If you want to respond to negative feedback, the best option is to work with the customer to improve the situation that led to the negative feedback. Then, ask the customer to remove the feedback. To do this, contact the customer with concern over the problem, and remedy it if possible. If you develop a positive relationship, ask the customer to remove the feedback. When contacting a customer, always keep in mind that pressuring a customer is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.
- How to remove seller feedback
Log in to Newegg.com -> Go to “Order History” and find the order with feedback you would like to remove -> click the submitted feedback link (eggs) -> Click “Delete” button on the right.
- Leave a response to the feedback: If you cannot work with the customer to remove the feedback, leave a professional and positive comment in response to the feedback, and move on. Always keep in mind that inappropriate response is unacceptable and a violation of our policies.
- How to leave a response to the feedback
Log in to Newegg Seller Portal -> Click “Customer Rating Report” under “Business Report” -> Select the feedback you would like to respond, click “Respond” button to reply. If the buyer eventually decides to remove the feedback they left, your response will automatically be removed.
We focus on both seller’s average feedback rating as well as the number of orders which have negative feedback ratings as a percentage of total order count as an indicator of seller performance. Seller should maintain overall average seller feedback rating at above 3 egg level.
Newegg places customer experience as of highest importance. We have established acceptable standards on customer experience related performance metrics so millions of Newegg value customers can shop with a sense of safety and security from our third party seller community. We at Newegg are constantly searching for new ways to improve our customer experience and we are updating the standard and target on our third party seller’s performance metrics from time to time accordingly. To find out the most updated standards on seller performance metrics, click here. Here are some tips for the best practice:
- All orders must be shipped within 3 business days of receiving order from Newegg. To ensure optimum customer experience, having orders shipped out within 1 – 2 business day(s) with order tracking numbers updated would be highly recommended. Orders will be voided automatically if not being fulfilled within 3 business days and such voids will contribute to seller’s order per-fulfillment void ratio.
- All sellers must maintain sales order pre-fulfillment void ratio not exceeding 2.5%. Pre-Fulfillment void ratio is the number of orders voided by a seller prior to ship confirms divided by the number of total orders the seller received from Newegg.
- Maintain positive overall customer feedback ratings. 4 to 5 egg rating considered as positive rating, 3 egg rating considered as neutral, and the ratings with less than 3 eggs considered as negative.
- Orders with negative customer feedback ratings OR orders with refund RMA OR both are considered as orders without meeting customer’s expectation. Those orders are defined as defect orders. All sellers must maintain the overall ratio of defect orders among all the orders sellers fulfilled during the time period not exceeding 3%.
- All customer emails must be responded to within 1 business day of receipt. Slow responding to customer emails on any order issues likely causes customer to leave negative feedback and ratings.
Refunds and Returns
There are two options for seller to handle customer returns. On orders fulfilled by seller, seller can
- Setup their own return address through Seller Portal if seller has a commercial address within Canada and seller is able to physically process the customer returns at the address within 48 hours after the return packages arriving at the address. Seller is not allowed to setup address outside of Canada for customer return purposes. For more details how to setup the return address through seller portal, please check out our seller portal guide by click the “?” on the top right corner once log into your seller portal account.
2. Select to use Newegg Return Services through which Newegg will help seller to process customer returns on the Newegg orders seller ships out. To use Newegg Return Service, please contact our support team at email@example.com
- A courtesy refund is used when you want to issue a partial refund back to the customer.
- An RMA refund is used when you are requiring our customer to return the merchandise back to you.
Please see our RMA Processing Guide in the help section located on the top right side of our Seller Portal for more information.
Please Note: A courtesy refund does not refund commission Newegg.ca has collected and it does not refund Sales Tax (if applicable) back to the customer. Full RMA refunds accepted by you as a Seller will result in a refund of the commission Newegg.ca has collected back to you.
All sellers are remitted with their Marketplace sales, net commission and other related service fees, on Wednesday of each week in which fifteen (15) calendar days have elapsed since the day on which Newegg Marketplace received shipping confirmation on the sales. Funds are deposited directly into your specified account once a week according to your elected payment option.
Newegg Marketplace provides great flexibility when it comes to paying our global sellers. Payment options can be conveniently specified during seller registration or updated in Newegg Seller Portal.
Available payment options are:
- Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer:
Seller needs to have a local bank account from the country their business is registered in order to receive Bank Wire Transfer in Canadian Dollars (CAD) from Newegg Marketplace. Seller will be required to input following information accurately in seller account when electing Bank Wire Transfer as their primary payment option on Newegg Seller Portal:
- The full name and address of the local bank (international bank) seller is using to receive wire transfer funds from Newegg Marketplace
- The beneficiary name of the international bank account with which the wire transfer funds are sent to. Important: the beneficiary name of the international bank account MUST match the business name in seller profile with Newegg Marketplace. In other words, Newegg Marketplace only sends funds to the international bank account owned by the seller.
- The accurate SWIFT/BIC code and international bank account number with which the wire transfer funds are sent to. Numbers MUST be input on corresponding fields through Newegg Seller Portal correctly (NO dash or space between the numbers).
Important Note: The beneficiary name/company information of your international bank account must match with information from the business license seller uploads to Newegg Marketplace (i.e., certificate of incorporation, tax certificate, etc.) (Why do we do this?)
For Paypal Users: When choosing bank wire transfer as your primary payment method, you may select to enable Paypal as a supplement payment option to receive up to Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 of Newegg settlement to your account for each pay period. Any remaining balance over Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 on the settlement for the pay period will be paid via bank wire transfer to your bank account.
- Third-party International Money Transfer Service Provider:
Payoneer is a cross-border payment platform that provides online money transfer and currency conversion services for online sellers. It’s easy to sign up and receive your Newegg payments into your Payoneer account, where they can be easily withdrawn directly to your home bank account in your local currency. [Learn More]
Possible reasons why you cannot receive payment to your Payoneer account may be one of the following:
- You don’t have a valid Payoneer account or your Payoneer account is not active.
- Newegg is not added as one of the funding sources in your Payoneer account.
- Your Payoneer account type is an individual account.
- Your Payoneer account information does not match your Newegg Marketplace seller account information.
Newegg takes seller payment and seller identity very seriously, it is our top priority to ensure payment is remitted to the correct seller bank account in a timely fashion. In order to do this, we have established strict internal verification processes to ensure the bank account information of the payment option matches the seller’s information.
For wire transfer, the beneficiary name and company information of your international bank account must match with information provided in the business information section in your Newegg seller account. This information must be identical to information on your business license (i.e., certificate of incorporation, tax certificate, etc.) and other legal documentation required by Newegg at time of registration.
For third-party international money transfer service provider such as Payoneer , Newegg verifies your Newegg seller account information against your information registered with those service providers to ensure an identity match. Please ensure account holder information (business entity name and address) is identical on both sides. Any discrepancies in information will prevent Newegg’s ability to approve and send payment to your account with those service providers.
Any questions about payment, please contact Newegg.
Below are several reasons why you may not be receiving payment:
- The account holder name we have on file for your bank records may be incorrect, please double check in the Seller Portal.
- The bank account information you have entered may be incorrect or outdated. In order to receive payment from Newegg Canada, SWIFT code, bank name and bank account number are required. Please double check this information and update it with any changes to process your wire transfer payments.
- Payments are issued to Global Sellers who have accumulated at least $100 CAD or more in sales. Payment will be held until your sales reach this threshold.
We will email you a statement every time we pay you. You also have access to download statement by logging in to the Seller Portal.
Follow these directions:
- On the navigation bar, click on “Business Report” and then on “Payment Reports“.
- Click on “Settlements” -> “Search” and then click on the “View Transactions” link for the settlement you wish to review.
You will be prompted to the Transaction Detail page. From this page, click on the “Export All” button on the bottom right corner. You will be prompted to save the file; once saved, you can open the file to review your payments in Microsoft Excel.
Your seller account may be inactive because it was recently created. As part of our quality assurance procedure, we ask sellers to begin the process by uploading product under their Seller Portal. Once a few products have been uploaded, we will review your listings and help correct any potential mishaps in the process.
This quality assurance procedure has effectively helped many sellers start off on the right foot and helps produce more sales. Once you have created your items, they will appear as inactive until your seller account has been activated. Our Category Manager will verify your items and then activate your account so that you can begin selling in our Marketplace platform.
If you have any questions, you may contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. Newegg has a strong and dedicated fraud prevention department. Our team of professionals, using state-of-the-art fraud prevention tools, manages millions of transactions a year. Newegg will be responsible for protection of every transaction and seek to obtain reasonable legal protection when required.
What is SBN (Shipped by Newegg)?
- SBN is Newegg’s logistics service which provides warehousing and transportation logistics services at industry leading best prices.
- Products are sent to Newegg’s warehouse. After shipped to a customer, Newegg only charges for each parcel sent according to the weight charge and order processing service fee.
- If products need to be shipped via Free Shipping, such as for a promotion to consumers, SBN will charge a processing fee (Free Shipping Enabler) on top of normal weight charges.
- If you are already selling in the United States through other sales channels, you can also use Shipped By Newegg logistics services to warehouse and ship the orders you send to consumers. The SBN logistics services send your customer’s orders out within 24 hours of completion of the order.
- SBN gives you access to a vendor management platform (Seller Portal) for inventory management.