Yes. Our promotional vehicles provide opportunities to help sellers drive sales, provided they meet our criteria. Our Merchandising Team works closely with our sellers to develop a structured plan, which identifies and targets successful marketing vehicles for optimal performance.
Merchants are paid every Wednesday on a Net 15 term for all orders that shipped in the Newegg system. Funds are deposited directly into your specified account once a week via ACH transfers, so you will typically receive payment between 15-21 days. Payment details will be emailed to you weekly, and you can also access each settlement under your Seller Portal Account.
For Paypal Users: You may select to enable Paypal as a supplement payment option to receive up to Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 of Newegg settlement to your account for each pay period. Any remaining balance over Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 on the settlement for the pay period will be paid via ACH to your bank account.
Below are several reasons why you may not be receiving payment:
- The account holder name we have on file for your bank records may be incorrect, please double check in the Seller Portal.
- The bank account information you have entered may be incorrect or outdated. In order to receive payment from Newegg Canada, transit (branch) number, financial institution number, bank name and bank account number are required. Please double check this information and update it with any changes to process your ACH payments.
- Payments are issued to sellers who have accumulated $25 CAD or more in sales ($100 CAD or more in sales for international sellers). Payment will be held until your sales reach this threshold.
We will email you a statement every time we pay you. You also have access to download statement by logging in to the Seller Portal.
Follow these directions:
- On the navigation bar, click on “Business Report” and then on “Payment Reports“.
- Click on “Settlements” -> “Search” and then click on the “View Transactions” link for the settlement you wish to review.
- You will be prompted to the Transaction Detail page. From this page, click on the “Export All” button on the bottom right corner. You will be prompted to save the file; once saved, you can open the file to review your payments in Microsoft Excel.
Marketplace Sellers are responsible to set up how the tax is collected on their orders.
Depending on customer’s shipping address and which province or territory the order is shipped to, Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST or HST according to laws and regulations from relevant Federal or/and Provincial tax authorities.
- For Canada based seller who operates business and order fulfillment center within Canada, Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST, or HST based on the registration numbers provided in Seller Portal for customer orders placed on Newegg Canada website depending on which province or territory the order is shipped to. Newegg will then remit all taxes collected from customer orders to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit all taxes to appropriate tax authorities.
- For Non-Canada based sellers who operates order fulfillment center within Canada, seller is required to provide Federal and Province Registration Numbers in Seller Portal and follow the same sales tax collection and remittance guidelines as seller who operates business and order fulfillment center within Canada stated above.
- For Non-Canada based seller who operates both business and order fulfillment center outside of Canada, Newegg Canada will not collect GST, PST/QST, or HST for customer orders placed on Newegg Canada if Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal.
- Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) Collection:
Newegg will collect Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) which includes Battery Recycling Fee, Tire Recycling Fee, Environmental Recycling Fee, and Eco Fee for applicable product purchased by customer on Newegg Canada website based on Federal and Province Registration Numbers seller provided in Seller Portal. Newegg will then remit all Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) collected to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) to appropriate Canadian Government Authorities.
If Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal, Newegg Canada will still collect Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) for applicable product purchased by customer and Newegg Canada will be responsible to remit Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) to appropriate Canadian Government Authorities
For any Shipped by Newegg (SBN) order, Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST, or HST based on Federal and Province Registration Numbers seller provided in Seller Portal depending on which province or territory the order is shipped to. Newegg will then remit all taxes collected to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit all taxes to appropriate tax authorities.
For Non-Canada based seller, Newegg Canada will not collect any GST, PST/QST, or HST if Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal.
Seller Account Settings
Your seller account may be inactive because it was recently created. As part of our quality assurance procedure, we ask sellers to begin the process by uploading product under their Seller Portal. Once a few products have been uploaded, we will review your listings and help correct any potential mishaps in the process.
This quality assurance procedure has effectively helped many sellers start off on the right foot and helps produce more sales. Once you have created your items, they will appear as inactive until your seller account has been activated. Our Category Manager will verify your items and then activate your account so that you can begin selling in our Marketplace platform.
If you have any questions, you may contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds and Returns
There are two options for seller to handle customer returns. On orders fulfilled by seller, seller can
- setup their own return address through Seller Portal if seller has a commercial address within Canada and seller is able to physically process the customer returns at the address within 48 hours after the return packages arriving at the address. Seller is not allowed to setup address outside of Canada for customer return purposes. For more details how to setup the return address through seller portal, please check out our seller portal guide by click the “?” on the top right corner once log into your seller portal account.
- elect to use Newegg Return Services through which Newegg will help seller to process customer returns on the Newegg orders seller ships out. To use Newegg Return Service, please contact our support team at email@example.com
- A courtesy refund is used when you want to issue a partial refund back to the customer.
- An RMA refund is used when you are requiring our customer to return the merchandise back to you.
Please see our RMA Processing Guide in the help section located on the top right side of our Seller Portal for more information.
Please Note: A courtesy refund does not refund commission Newegg.ca has collected and it does not refund Sales Tax (if applicable) back to the customer. Full RMA refunds accepted by you as a Seller will result in a refund of the commission Newegg.ca has collected back to you.
You are allowed 72 hours to ship an order upon receiving order confirmation from us. After 72 hours, orders will auto-void and you will not be paid, regardless if you have shipped the merchandise or not.
No, you are allowed 72 hours on all items sold on Newegg Canada Marketplace. If you know that certain items require more than 72 hours to prepare, we encourage you not to list those items on our marketplace.
Will Newegg pursue the customer for payment if I ship an order that was auto-voided (past 72-hour shipping deadline)?
No, Newegg will not be responsible for pursuing payment on your behalf. Fulfilling orders within 72 hours is the responsibility of our sellers.
No, Newegg will not credit sellers for merchandise loss. If an order is not shipped within 72 hours, sellers are responsible.
No, the 72 hour deadline includes working business days only. Each order has a date time stamp which indicates when orders will auto-void. The 72 hour time-stamp is calculated in Pacific Standard Time (PST). This timestamp is located in the Order List in our Seller Portal.
Please note: If you are not in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, please process your orders earlier to prevent auto-voids.
Shipped by Newegg
After you have completed the Newegg Marketplace Seller on-boarding process, you will be able to create items in the Seller Portal and convert items to Shipped by Newegg (SBN) items.
Once you have converted your desired items to SBN items, you can create inventory / replenishment shipments for these items. Our system will guide you through the process step by step, including shipment creation, ship-to location, item and shipping label preparation and shipment tracking.
When you are ready, mark your shipment as shipped and send your inventory to designated Newegg warehouses by using Newegg’s partnered carriers or select your own shipping carriers.
Make sure you refer to and abide by the instructions provided in our SBN Resource Guide.