Any seller that is located outside of Canada is eligible to join the Global seller program. Please note that USA sellers are considered Global sellers.
The following will be required for Global sellers to enroll:
- Seller’s business operations are outside Canada (sellers based in Canada should apply as a Canadian Domestic Seller).
- Valid business license from the area where your business is located.
- VOID cheque or bank reference letter that matches your company credentials (only when using wire transfer or Paypal).
- Certification of company liability insurance and product insurance.
- Bank information for international wire transfer. Bank information must align with the business license and merchant invoices.
- PayPal account (optional).
- Acknowledge and agree to Newegg.ca Marketplace Terms and Conditions.
Yes. Our promotional vehicles provide opportunities to help sellers drive sales, provided they meet our criteria. Our Merchandising Team works closely with our sellers to develop a structured plan, which identifies and targets successful marketing vehicles for optimal performance.
All sellers are remitted with their Marketplace sales, net commission and other related service fees, on Wednesday of each week in which fifteen (15) calendar days have elapsed since the day on which Newegg Marketplace received shipping confirmation on the sales. Funds are deposited directly into your specified account once a week according to your elected payment option.
Newegg Marketplace provides great flexibility when it comes to paying our global sellers. Payment options can be conveniently specified during seller registration or updated in Newegg Seller Portal.
Available payment options are:
- Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer:
Seller needs to have a local bank account from the country their business is registered in order to receive Bank Wire Transfer in Canadian Dollars (CAD) from Newegg Marketplace. Seller will be required to input following information accurately in seller account when electing Bank Wire Transfer as their primary payment option on Newegg Seller Portal:
- Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer:
- The full name and address of the local bank (international bank) seller is using to receive wire transfer funds from Newegg Marketplace
- The beneficiary name of the international bank account with which the wire transfer funds are sent to. Important: the beneficiary name of the international bank account MUST match the business name in seller profile with Newegg Marketplace. In other words, Newegg Marketplace only sends funds to the international bank account owned by the seller.
- The accurate SWIFT/BIC code and international bank account number with which the wire transfer funds are sent to. Numbers MUST be input on corresponding fields through Newegg Seller Portal correctly (NO dash or space between the numbers).
Important Note: The beneficiary name/company information of your international bank account must match with information from the business license seller uploads to Newegg Marketplace (i.e., certificate of incorporation, tax certificate, etc.) (Why do we do this?)
For Paypal Users: When choosing bank wire transfer as your primary payment method, you may select to enable Paypal as a supplement payment option to receive up to Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 of Newegg settlement to your account for each pay period. Any remaining balance over Canadian dollar equivalent to USD $10,000 on the settlement for the pay period will be paid via bank wire transfer to your bank account.
- Third-party International Money Transfer Service Provider:
Payoneer is a cross-border payment platform that provides online money transfer and currency conversion services for online sellers. It’s easy to sign up and receive your Newegg payments into your Payoneer account, where they can be easily withdrawn directly to your home bank account in your local currency. [Learn More]
Possible reasons why you cannot receive payment to your Payoneer account may be one of the following:
- You don’t have a valid Payoneer account or your Payoneer account is not active.
- Newegg is not added as one of the funding sources in your Payoneer account.
- Your Payoneer account type is an individual account.
- Your Payoneer account information does not match your Newegg Marketplace seller account information.
Newegg takes seller payment and seller identity very seriously, it is our top priority to ensure payment is remitted to the correct seller bank account in a timely fashion. In order to do this, we have established strict internal verification processes to ensure the bank account information of the payment option matches the seller’s information.
For wire transfer, the beneficiary name and company information of your international bank account must match with information provided in the business information section in your Newegg seller account. This information must be identical to information on your business license (i.e., certificate of incorporation, tax certificate, etc.) and other legal documentation required by Newegg at time of registration.
For third-party international money transfer service provider such as Payoneer , Newegg verifies your Newegg seller account information against your information registered with those service providers to ensure an identity match. Please ensure account holder information (business entity name and address) is identical on both sides. Any discrepancies in information will prevent Newegg’s ability to approve and send payment to your account with those service providers.
Any questions about payment, please contact Newegg.
Below are several reasons why you may not be receiving payment:
We will email you a statement every time we pay you. You also have access to download statement by logging in to the Seller Portal.
Follow these directions:
- On the navigation bar, click on “Business Report” and then on “Payment Reports“.
- Click on “Settlements” -> “Search” and then click on the “View Transactions” link for the settlement you wish to review.
- You will be prompted to the Transaction Detail page. From this page, click on the “Export All” button on the bottom right corner. You will be prompted to save the file; once saved, you can open the file to review your payments in Microsoft Excel.
Marketplace Sellers are responsible to set up how the tax is collected on their orders.
Depending on customer’s shipping address and which province or territory the order is shipped to, Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST or HST according to laws and regulations from relevant Federal or/and Provincial tax authorities.
For Non-Canada based sellers who operates order fulfillment center within Canada, seller is required to provide Federal and Province Registration Numbers in Seller Portal. Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST, or HST based on the registration numbers provided in Seller Portal for customer orders placed on Newegg Canada website depending on which province or territory the order is shipped to. Newegg will then remit all taxes collected from customer orders to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit all taxes to appropriate tax authorities
For Non-Canada based seller who operates both business and order fulfillment center outside of Canada, Newegg Canada will not collect GST, PST/QST, or HST for customer orders placed on Newegg Canada if Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal.
Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) Collection:
Newegg will collect Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) which includes Battery Recycling Fee, Tire Recycling Fee, Environmental Recycling Fee, and Eco Fee for applicable product purchased by customer on Newegg Canada website based on Federal and Province Registration Numbers seller provided in Seller Portal. Newegg will then remit all Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) collected to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) to appropriate Canadian Government Authorities.
For Non-Canada based seller, if Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal, Newegg Canada will still collect Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) for applicable product purchased by customer and Newegg Canada will be responsible to remit Environmental Handling Fee (EHF) to appropriate Canadian Government Authorities
International sellers with no Canadian presence do not need to setup tax settings in the Newegg Canada seller portal. When international sellers ship orders from outside of Canada into Canada, sellers are required to ship orders by “Delivered Duty Paid” terms. As shipper, the seller pays all applicable duties and taxes levied by Canada customs upon import into Canada. Sellers will recover applicable taxes upon payment settlement by Newegg Canada as the tax will be collected from Canadian Customers and remitted to sellers.
For any Shipped by Newegg (SBN) order, Newegg Canada will collect GST, PST/QST, or HST based on Federal and Province Registration Numbers seller provided in Seller Portal depending on which province or territory the order is shipped to. Newegg will then remit all taxes collected to seller according to Newegg Canada Marketplace payment terms and seller will be responsible to remit all taxes to appropriate tax authorities.
For Non-Canada based seller, Newegg Canada will not collect any GST, PST/QST, or HST if Federal and Province Registration Numbers are not provided in Seller Portal.
Seller Account Setting
Your seller account may be inactive because it was recently created. As part of our quality assurance procedure, we ask sellers to begin the process by uploading product under their Seller Portal. Once a few products have been uploaded, we will review your listings and help correct any potential mishaps in the process.
This quality assurance procedure has effectively helped many sellers start off on the right foot and helps produce more sales. Once you have created your items, they will appear as inactive until your seller account has been activated. Our Category Manager will verify your items and then activate your account so that you can begin selling in our Marketplace platform.
If you have any questions, you may contact our support team at email@example.com
Refunds and Returns
There are two options for seller to handle customer returns. On orders fulfilled by seller, seller can
- setup their own return address through Seller Portal if seller has a commercial address within Canada and seller is able to physically process the customer returns at the address within 48 hours after the return packages arriving at the address. Seller is not allowed to setup address outside of Canada for customer return purposes. For more details how to setup the return address through seller portal, please check out our seller portal guide by click the “?” on the top right corner once log into your seller portal account.
- elect to use Newegg Return Services through which Newegg will help seller to process customer returns on the Newegg orders seller ships out. To use Newegg Return Service, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A courtesy refund is used when you want to issue a partial refund back to the customer.
- An RMA refund is used when you are requiring our customer to return the merchandise back to you.
Please see our RMA Processing Guide in the help section located on the top right side of our Seller Portal for more information.
Please Note: A courtesy refund does not refund commission Newegg.ca has collected and it does not refund Sales Tax (if applicable) back to the customer. Full RMA refunds accepted by you as a Seller will result in a refund of the commission Newegg.ca has collected back to you.
Yes, you will get fraud protection if you follow all the appropriate Newegg.ca guidelines, which are listed in the Merchant Agreement.
Shipped by Newegg
Currently Shipped by Newegg service is not available on Newegg Canada Marketplace.
You are allowed 72 hours to ship an order upon receiving order confirmation from us. After 72 hours, orders will auto-void and you will not be paid, regardless if you have shipped the merchandise or not.
No, you are allowed 72 hours on all items sold on Newegg Canada Marketplace. If you know that certain items require more than 72 hours to prepare, we encourage you not to list those items on our marketplace.
Will Newegg pursue the customer for payment if I ship an order that was auto-voided (past 72-hour shipping deadline)?
No, Newegg will not be responsible for pursuing payment on your behalf. Fulfilling orders within 72 hours is the responsibility of our sellers.
No, Newegg will not credit sellers for merchandise loss. If an order is not shipped within 72 hours, sellers are responsible.
No, the 72 hour deadline includes working business days only. Each order has a date time stamp which indicates when orders will auto-void. The 72 hour time-stamp is calculated in Pacific Standard Time (PST). This timestamp is located in the Order List in our Seller Portal.
Please note: If you are not in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, please process your orders earlier to prevent auto-voids.
Yes, you can ship your orders to Canadian customers directly. We recommend that you ship via an international express mail service within 48 hours of receiving the order. Once you have shipped the order, please upload the parcel waybill information into the Seller Portal within 24 hours.