The DiskStation DS212j provides file storage and sharing services with data protection. With its low power consumption, quiet operation, and reliability, this budget-friendly, two-bay NAS server is ideal for your home or small business. Running on the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, it delivers ease of use and a variety of features.
- Multimedia Center at HomeThe iPad, iPhone, and Android app "DS audio" allows DiskStation users to stream music stored on DiskStation with their mobile devices wherever Internet access is available. Media Server allows you to stream multimedia files with an UPnP Digital Media Adapter (DMA) to a stereo system or a TV set. Sony PlayStation 3 and Microsoft XBox 360 are also supported. iTunes Server is an easy way to share music with other iTunes clients over the network. You can use iTunes as a multimedia player to browse and play music stored on your Synology DiskStation.
- Your 24/7 Download ServerDownload Station functions as a 24/7 BT, FTP, HTTP, eMule, and NZB download center without a PC. The eMule and BT search engine allows search-and-download capability without installing additional desktop applications. The RSS feed feature brings the latest updates directly to you. You can subscribe to multiple RSS feeds that list the information of all your favorite downloads, and your download experience is entirely automated.
- Back Up Your Precious DataDesktop backup provides Windows PC users with the Synology Data Replicator for backing up desktop data to their DiskStation, while Mac OS X users can use Apple Time Machine to back up their critical data to DiskStation. Server backup includes several alternatives: Local Backup and Network Backup. You can back up data in shared folders or sub-folders, and choose between incremental backup options or other flexible scheduling choices. All can be easily configured with a step-by-step wizard, making it simple to create an automated backup solution.
- Build Your Personal CloudWith Synology DS212j, you can centralize all your data and files, and share with your friends and family within your local network. If you find this way of managing files particularly useful and interesting, you can have your own personal cloud so the sharing coverage can be extended to the Internet. The EZ-Internet wizard guides you through all the steps necessary to establish remote Internet access to your Synology DS212j. You'll be able to remotely access your DS212j anywhere within minutes – it's just that easy!
- Access Files from AnywhereManage your files on your Synology DS212j with File Browser, which provides easy file navigation on your DiskStation, and allows you to copy, move, delete, rename, upload, or download files without boundaries. If you're always on the move, Synology provides a handy app – DS file – for iPhone, iPad, and Android users. Anything stored on Synology DS212j can now be accessed remotely using DS file via the Internet.
- Share Your Memories with FriendsPhoto Station simplifies photo, video, and blog sharing with the public. Features such as theme personalization, blog, and user privilege settings make it your state-of-the-art lifestyle sharing center online. Photo Station syncs the album automatically to Facebook, so it's now even more closely intertwined with your social life.