Pioneer Portable Burner
The high performance Pioneer Portable Burner BDR-XD05B offers you an effortless way to back up movies, music and more. It delivers fast writing speed on BDXL Blu-ray, BD-R Blu-ray, DVD, and CD media for flexible storage portfolio. It also reads all sorts of media with optimized speed at low noise level and optimized parameters with reduced sound glitches. Even media with fingerprints or minor surface scratches can be played smoothly. Plus, this device is ultra-portable and USB bus powered. Take it with you anywhere you go.
Enjoy up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray disc. The BDXL format supports BDXL Blu-ray media—including 128GB Quad Layer (QL) and 100GB Triple Layer (TL) Blu-ray Disc.
The BDR-XD05B delivers up to 6x1 writing speed on BD-R single-layer and dual-layer discs, and 4x writing speed on BD-R triple-layer and quad layer discs.
- Smaller packaging—saves resources and fuel for transportation.
- Reduced power consumption on external USB drives which allows for eco-friendly USB bus-powered drives.
Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to quickly move forward to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback2.
Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and will adjust their speed automatically—high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback.
Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However this is not 100% accurate. PureRead, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible3.
Pioneer strives to have best-in-class performance over a wide range of media—our drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media. Refer to the drive's media support list for all supported media and the write speed that can be achieved.
1. 6x BD-R and BD-R DL write speed achieved using certain media and only with the Pioneer USB driver installed (downloaded from the Firmware & Software tab).
2. PowerRead is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.
3. PureRead2+ is not guaranteed to work with all disc conditions or under all PC environments.