Polk Audio Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker
The name "Monitor" adorned the speakers that first made Polk famous. Monitor means simple, sturdy construction, clear, accurate sound, powerful bass and superior imaging (all at a surprising price). This new Monitor is classic Polk: a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice-matched for lifelike surround sound environments. The Monitor Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes and modern Titanium faces. Built for sound quality and value, the Monitor Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.
The New Standard for Classic Performance
High efficiency design in a dual-driver bookshelf size gives you more options for high performance audio. Let the 45B reveal the classic Polk sound (open, spacious and clear) in mid- to large-sized rooms (driven by even a modestly-powered amp or receiver). The 45B mounts on the wall, or on stands (available separately).
Monitor 45B Features:
- 1-inch (25mm) silk/polymer composite Dynamic Balance® dome tweeter with powerful neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Dual 5-1/4-inch composite Dynamic Balance drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and midrange clarity with lower distortion.
- Small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, "box-less" three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 3/4-thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Crossovers use mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Five-way binding post connectors, allowing for more secure hook-up options.
- Monitor Series speakers are modern living accessories that make a stylish statement in either black or cherry wood grain finish, with Titanium faces.
- Critically tuned flared port minimizes port noise (chuffing) for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry's most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.