Pros: Price and features for this model of Brother printer. Easy to set up and configure.
Cons: Brother software suite can be a pain always trying to update and check in but you can turn down the nag screens in the options.
Overall Review: Definitely recommend this printer for price and wi-fi connectivity alone. Able to print from desktop, laptop, phone and tablet without problems. The replacement toners for these are affordable and last a good while.
I've never had any problems with Brother Printers and would definitely recommend.
Pros: - Easy Setup: I had it up and running in 2 mins using Wifi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Easy Configuration: I like how I was able to configure the settings easily using its web portal, which added an additional 5 mins to the setup. Unlike the previous generation, the web portal is now secured only by a password instead of username and password. The username was redundant since there’s only one admin user who wil be managing the printer.
- AirPrint: This is the main reason I upgraded to this printer. I wanted seamless printing with all Apple devices. It works out of the box. All of my Apple devices picked it up instantly.
- Improved Speed. My old Brother HL-2270DW had a printing speed of 19ppm. This printer nearly doubles the speed at 36 ppm.
- Compact: It’s about 1 cm taller than the HL-2270DW but 2-3 cm narrower. This is significant as more space is made available for my desk to put other things.
- Quiet Operation: The HL-2270DW was loud. It sounded like a jet was taking off every time it started to print. This printer is not as loud during printing and even after the printing process and it goes back to sleep mode within 1 min making no sound.
- Improved Ventilation: The HL-2270DW would push out significant amounts of hot air after printing and the fan’s RPM is considerably higher and the mesh is a lot tighter. This printer has much larger ventilation holes, a large fan, and spins at a lower rpm. The air that comes out after printing is cool to warm to touch.
Cons: - The display is small
- The buttons provided to configure the printer has very limited functionality making manual configuration difficult to perform. You end up pressing the + or - buttons multiple times.
It does get the job done, but you’re better off using the web portal so you can enter data using a keyboard and mouse.
Overall Review: I would recommend this product. It’s a compact laser printer that does duplex printing with AirPrint support. It’s fast and quiet. The experience has been quite seamless; And it does all of this without breaking the bank.
Overall Review: It works great, prints from my phone or computer.
Pros: Quick, easy setup, flawless wifi and AirPrint, compact size, low weight, low operating cost. An excellent home office tool as long as letter-size mono printing is all you need.
Cons: None so far
Overall Review: Would recommend
Pros: Printer works with minimal fuss with Windows 10.
Cons: WiFi can't be set up when certain symbol characters are present in the WiFi password. The characters can be entered, but the printer won't connect.
Overall Review: Satisfied with my purchase. Make sure to download the latest Brother utility programs from their official website.
Pros: Reliable printing compared to Eco inkjet.
Cons: New to Wireless process so took some time.
Overall Review: Yes would recommend to others.
Pros: As with the other Brother printers I've owned, it worked right out of the box. This one is replacing the HL-2270DW which is showing its age - about 10 years old and now discontinued.
Overall Review: I would recommend this printer.