Servers based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 product family give you smarter control of the things that matter to your business—increased sales, improved margins, and reduced risk. Based on 32nm Intel Microarchitecture, the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 is designed with innovative features that allow you to enjoy faster application response time with reduced energy consumption.
Packed with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 product family features intelligent performance that adapts to your needs, allowing you to get more done in less time. With built-in 24/7 dependability and advanced security features like ECC memory support, Intel Trusted Execution Technology and Intel AES New Instructions (Intel AES-NI) accelerating data encryption and decryption, you can avoid costly business interruptions and potentially catastrophic security breaches.
The Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 product family is ideal for small business stepping up to their first server, companies requiring a dedicated server for a workgroup, and organizations that need a server to support multiple clients. With Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 family-based servers, you'll spend less time frustrated with outdated desktop systems and more time responding to customers, opportunities, and trends. It's more than a server upgrade; it's a smart investment in your business' future.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
- Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)Today's Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT Technology) delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)Increasing manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments, virtualization technologies like hardware-assisted Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single server or PC. By abstracting the software away from the underlying hardware, a world of new usage models opens up that reduce costs, increase management efficiency, strengthen security, while making your computing infrastructure more resilient in the event of a disaster.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) for Directed I/O (Intel VT-d)Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) extends Intel's Virtualization Technology (VT) roadmap by providing hardware assists for virtualization solution. VT-d continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environment. These inherently helps IT managers reduce the overall total cost of ownership by reducing potential down time and increasing productive throughput by better utilization of the data center resources.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT)Intel Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks and protects the confidentiality and integrity of data stored or created on the client PC. It does this by enabling an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system. These capabilities provide the protection mechanisms, rooted in hardware, that are necessary to provide trust in the application's execution environment. In turn, this can help to protect vital data and processes from being compromised by malicious software running on the platform.
- Execute Disable BitExecute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks and prevent harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or network. Help protect your customers' business assets and reduce the need for costly virus-related repairs by building systems with built-in Intel Execute Disable Bit.