The Intel Pentium processor family based on Intel Sandy Bridge codename is the right choice for building an ideal basic desktop system. The introduction of the latest generation 32nm Hi-k manufacturing process technology brings improvements to the Intel Pentium processor over the previous generation Core microarchitecture.
Moreover, Intel HD Graphics and the memory controller have been integrated into the processor, providing great graphics performance and higher memory bandwidth. Intel Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem while the revolutionary Intel Microarchitecture accelerates overall system performance across your applications through energy efficiency. These Pentium processors are ideal for more traditional basic desktop systems with the power to run applications simultaneously and efficiently.
- Intel Microarchitecture Based Dual-core ProcessingThe Intel Pentium processor includes dual execution cores in a single processor to enable execution of parallel threads or applications simultaneously, resulting in revolutionary dual-core performance, breakthrough energy efficiency and exceptional system response time when running multi-threaded applications, or multiple demanding applications. The innovative 32nm fabrication technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
- Intel HD GraphicsIntel HD Graphics with dynamic frequency up to 1.1GHz delivers smooth HD video playback and mainstream 3D gaming without the need for add-in video cards or decoders. It also supports a wide range of display connectivity options and is dual display capable.
- Integrated Memory ControllerThe Integrated Memory Controller optimizes data bandwidth with two channels, offering stunning memory read/write performance through efficient prefetching algorithms, lower latency, and higher memory bandwidth.
- Intel Advanced Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Intel Virtualization TechnologyIncreasing manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments, virtualization technologies like hardware-assisted Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single server or PC. By abstracting the software away from the underlying hardware, a world of new usage models opens up that reduce costs, increase management efficiency, strengthen security, while making your computing infrastructure more resilient in the event of a disaster.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production, which means of enabling very high performance while also meeting the power-conservation needs.