With an entirely new 22nm process, the 3nd generation Intel Core i7-3770 Processor achieves dramatic performance gain at low operating voltage. The integrated graphics has been beefed up with more horsepower and a rich set of new features are provided for a stunning and seamless visual PC experience with no additional hardware required. The memory controller has been updated to officially support DDR3-1600/1333, and there's support for the new PCI Express 3.0 standard. The 3rd generation Intel Core i5 processor delivers even more performance automatically when you need it and now a better visual PC experience built-in. With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the 3rd generation Intel Core i5 processor increases your PC’s speed automatically for your demanding applications. That’s visibly smart performance with a boost.
- Intel Revolutionary 22nm transistors technologyTransistors have now entered the third dimension. Intel brings 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate transistors (the core of microprocessors) to its third generation Core processors Ivy Bridge. Intel's 3-D Tri-Gate transistors are an important innovation needed to continue Moore’s law and deliver an unprecedented combination of performance and power efficiency. By forming conducting channels on three sides of a vertical fin structure, Tri-Gate transistors can have multiple fins connected together to increase total drive strength for higher performance. The new 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate transistors can deliver up to 37% performance increase at low voltage and more than 50% power reduction at low voltage.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
- Intel smart cacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Integrated memory controllerIntegrated memory controller enables two channels of DDR3 1333/1600 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Built-in visualsThe visual features built into the 3nd generation Intel Core processor family deliver everything you need to enjoy a stunning and seamless visual experience. Intel Quick Sync Video and newly-added Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) make media processing incredibly fast. New built-in Intel HD Graphics with DirectX 11 support delivers discrete 3D graphics performance without the needed cost and power of a discrete graphics card, and features Intel Clear Video Technology that enhances video playback, image quality, and color fidelity for a premium visual experience. What’s more, add another dimension to what you see on your PC with Intel InTRU 3D technology which supports stereoscopic 3D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4 and premium audio.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)Increasing manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments, virtualization technologies like hardware-assisted Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single server or PC. By abstracting the software away from the underlying hardware, a world of new usage models opens up that reduce costs, increase management efficiency, strengthen security, while making your computing infrastructure more resilient in the event of a disaster.