Intel’s most popular family member is more adaptable than ever and unlocked. The 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2550K processor delivers an even better automatic performance increase with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and is overclocking-enabled for the flexibility to set your systems specs the way you like.
- FULLY UNLOCKED FLEXIBILITY AND FREEDOMWith its fully unlocked multiplier, the Intel Core i5-2550K processor allows full control over the processor core/turbo and DDR3 ratios as well as power and current limits for the best possible overclocking results. Intel’s cutting-edge 32nm micro-architecture with 2nd gen Hi-K+ metal gate process delivers the 2nd generation Intel Core processors with higher performance at lower power, thus better overclocking capability. (Intel P67/Z68 Express Chipset required for core and memory overclocking)
- INTEL TURBO BOOST TECHNOLOGY 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor and graphics cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
- INTEL SMART CACHEIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- INTEGRATED DDR3 MEMORY CONTROLLERIntegrated memory controller enables two channels of DDR3 1333 MHz memory, resulting in up to 21 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency, efficient prefetching algorithms and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- INTEL ADVANCED VECTOR EXTENSIONS (INTEL AVX)Intel AVX is a new 256 bit instruction set extension to SSE and is designed for applications that are Floating Point (FP) intensive. Intel AVX improves performance due to wider vectors, new extensible syntax, and rich functionality. This results in better management of data and general purpose applications like image, audio/video processing, scientific simulations, financial analytics and 3D modeling and analysis.
- INTEL VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY (VT-X)Increasing manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments, virtualization technologies like hardware-assisted Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single server or PC. By abstracting the software away from the underlying hardware, a world of new usage models opens up that reduce costs, increase management efficiency, strengthen security, while making your computing infrastructure more resilient in the event of a disaster.