Are you an E-Blast Insider?
ICY DOCK Full Metal 8 Bay 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD HotSwap Backplane Cage for 5.25 Drive Bay - ToughArmor MB998SP-B
- Heavy duty full metal construction
- Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements
- Up to 8 x 7mm 2.5" SATA drives, high performance RAID
- Dual 40mm fans
The ICY DOCK MB998SP-B ToughArmor rack allows you to fit up to eight 2.5" SSD/HDD with 7mm height into a 5.25" drive bay. An ultimate solution for storage intensive applications, this unit is extremely useful for workstations, compact servers, gaming rigs, home servers or HTPC. Its unique hot-swappable 2.5” EZ Slide Nano trays let you painlessly and quickly swap out drives, and the Eagle Hook secures the HDD within the enclosure. Dual 40mm fans keep your drives nice and cool while ventilated openings located on the front and sides maximize airflow. The Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) creates a safe environment for your hard drives, and Active Power Technology (APT) allows individual HDD LED & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay. Plus, the entire enclosure is constructed with heavy duty metal which ensures exceptional strength and durability, as well as better heat dissipation.
- Hold Eight 2.5" DrivesUtilizing the standard 5.25” bay form factor, the compact design allows the cage to be used in various applications such as advanced RAID. With the MB998SP-B it’s possible to build dual RAID 5 or RAID 10 arrays or use four drives in a high performance RAID 0 array plus two RAID 1 arrays for backups. The MB998SP-B is extremely useful for workstations, compact servers, gaming rigs, home servers or HTPC’s due to its high capacity and space saving design. It is also perfect for users that need non-RAID JBOD storage to save different content in different drive locations. It supports a wide-range of applications which makes the MB998SP-B invaluable.
- EZ Slide Nano TrayUsing the EZ Slide Nano trays makes drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. For drive security, the Eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. The trays are designed to accommodate 7mm height hard drive and SSD, creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA hard drives and SSDs.
- Two 40mm Cooling FansWhen the unit does power up, two 40mm cooling fan placed strategically behind the rear panel provide airflow throughout the entire cage cooling all 8 bays effectively and efficiently.
- Easy to Read Status LED and ID LabelBringing more utility your hard drives or SSDs, LED’s are installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide individual drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED and the cooling fan to be active only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. Never forget which drives belong in what bays. With the individual drive ID labels you’ll always know which drive tray belongs in your RAID array or which drive contains certain files. Freely unplug and rearrange them to better suit your configuration or simply remove them for a more simplified look.
- Dual Power ConnectorsThe ToughArmor MB998SP-B requires only 2 x 15pin power connectors to power all 8 bays, and supports both 7pin SATA data and 15pin SATA power cables with locking latches so you’ll never need to worry about cables unintentionally disconnecting from your enclosure. Once these cables are connected, they’ll lock into place and stay that way.
- Heavy-duty Metal BuildEnsuring the safety of your valuable data is the foundation to any good system build or design. The MB998SP-B is capable of holding up to the most demanding environments with its heavy duty full metal construction in the entirety of the body and its smaller components. The ToughArmor's full metal design is also perfect for industrial and medical devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements. An all metal design also dissipates heat from the hard drives to the backplane cage resulting in cooler drives. Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI grounding are used to ensure a stable environment for the hard drives or SSD’s used, dramatically improving reliability.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Deal Targets Return Policy