Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Hamilton Beach The Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel | 49981
- Costs pennies per cup, compared to leading competitors' single-size packs
- Proportions coffee exactly with single-serve scoop filter
- Brews an 8-ounce cup of coffee in less than 90 seconds
For brewing a personal cup of coffee at home or on the go, nothing's better than a single cup coffee maker. The Scoop Single-Serve Coffeemaker lets you make coffee one cup at a time, without the mess and hassle of brewing a whole pot. It utilizes the simplicity of ground coffee, and brews a customizable cup quickly: an eight-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds, or a 14-ounce travel mug in under two-and-a-half minutes!
Moreover, the Scoop Coffeemaker is designed for ultra-simple preparation in three straightforward steps: 1) Scoop, 2) Place, and 3) Brew. It features a steel mesh scoop for filtering freshly ground coffee, and comes with a built-in, adjustable stand that flips to accommodate a standard-size cup or a taller travel mug. Equip your kitchen with a personal coffee maker for day-to-day convenience, and consider putting one to work in your office, too.
- Allowing for Various Coffee Grind TypesThe Scoop Coffeemaker doesn’t need pre-packaged K-Cup packs or coffee pods, which can get expensive – not to mention stale – over time. Instead, it comes with a mesh scoop filter that gives you the choice of any flavor (caramel, hazelnut, vanilla, etc), any brand (Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc.), and any strength (regular or bold) that you wish.
- Differing Boldness LevelsWhether you decide to go with a mainstream brand coffee or a stronger premium-brand coffee, you need a machine that understands and quickly adapts. Use the "Regular" setting for a quick basic, automatic drip coffee, or choose "Bold" for more fine-grind options, decaf, and the stronger flavors of premium-brand coffees like Starbucks or Melitta. Just remember that the finer the grind, the longer it takes to brew. For bolder coffee, the water passes through at a slower rate, but allows more contact time and better flavor extraction for a better tasting cup when done brewing.
- Measuring Proportions AppropriatelyNot sure how much coffee to add when brewing? Not to worry — each scoop filter is labeled with two measuring lines for exact serving amounts. And more isn’t necessarily better, in this case. Overfilling the scoop doesn’t allow room for brewing, and the water can overflow and spill over, ultimately meaning weaker coffee.
- Adjusting to Suit Your Cup SizeBefore brewing, adjust the "L"-shaped cup rest to make sure your cup is as close to the dispensing nozzle as possible. For travel mugs, fit the cup rest against the coffeemaker, and place your mug on top of the drip tray.
- Easy Dishwasher CleanupUnlike leading coffeemakers with confusing attachments and high-tech buttons, the Scoop Coffeemaker has only three removable parts – a scoop filter, a secondary filter, and a cup rest – and all are dishwasher safe. For consistent trouble-free maintenance, it should be cleaned internally once a month, by pouring ½ cup plain white vinegar and ½ cup cold water into the water reservoir, brewing and then running 2 to 3 cycles of cold tap water, before making any coffee.
- Award-Winning DesignThe Scoop Coffeemaker was awarded the "2012 Good Housekeeping Very Innovative Products (VIP) Award" by the Good Housekeeping Research Institute. In addition, the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) gave it high rankings for its ability to use coffee grinds, instead of packs or pods, and simultaneously give users the freedom to choose their own flavor, strength, and cup size for their coffee.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 90 days
- This item is covered by Corn Electronics.CAN Return Policy