GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P FX (rev. 2.1) AM3+/AM3 AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD 990FX
- AMD AM3+ FX processor
- AMD AM3 Phenom II / AMD Athlon II processor
- DDR3 2000(O.C.)/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066
- * To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AM3+ CPU first.
The GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P FX (rev. 2.1) motherboard offers an impressive blend of performance, features and renowned Gigabyte quality, all at a user-friendly price. Powered by AMD 990FX and AMD SB950 chipset, this motherboard supports AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 series CPUs, and features two PCIe x16 slots with 2-way CrossFire support for scalable graphics performance.
The Gigabyte exclusive Ultra Durable technology utilizes a suite of design and components to ensure maximum durability, reliability and protection against humidity, power surges, electrostatic discharge, and even BIOS failure. It also comes with high quality audio capacitors, SATA III (6Gpbs) and USB 3.1 Gen1 (5Gpbs) connectivity, and Gigabyte On/Off charge for USB devices, making the GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P FX (rev. 2.1) a solid cornerstone for your next powerhouse.
- Supports AMD AM3+ FX / AM3 series Processors
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable Technology
- Audio Noise Guard with High Quality Audio Capacitors
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS
- 2-way CrossFire Support
- 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports with transfer rates of up to 5Gbps
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge for USB devices
High Quality Onboard Audio Design
Delivers high quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
* The below photos are for reference only.
Audio Noise Guard
High-End Audio Components
GIGABYTE Exclusive Double Locking Bracket
Fast USB 3.1 Gen1 Solution
With superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, users are able to experience an almost a 10x improvement over USB 2.0. Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users legacy USB 2.0 devices will still work.
* USB 3.0 10x performance is a maximum theoretical value. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
Humidity Protection Glass Fabric PCB
There is nothing more harmful to the longevity of your PC than moisture, and most parts of the world experience moisture in the air as humidity at some point during the year. GIGABYTE motherboards have been designed to make sure that humidity is never an issue, incorporating a new Glass Fabric PCB technology that repels moisture caused by humid and damp conditions. Glass Fabric PCB technology uses a new PCB material which reduces the amount of space between the fiber weave, making it much more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. This offers much better protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
High ESD Ethernet & USB Port Protection
GIGABYTE motherboards raise the bar in terms of protecting your system, providing advanced electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection for both your Ethernet LAN and USB ports, both common sources of ESD-related failures. With pairing the dedicated protection filters, the Ethernet LAN and USB ports can withstand high electrostatic discharges, protecting your system from common electrical surges and even direct lighting strikes.
High Temperature Protection Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs Design
GIGABYTE motherboards use Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which reduce energy wastage through unnecessary residual heat dissipation. This all amounts to tangible energy savings which are beneficial for both end-users and the environment without impacting system performance.
GIGABYTE Exclusive DualBIOS (UEFI) Design
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable motherboards feature GIGABYTE DualBIOS, an exclusive technology from GIGABYTE that protects arguably one of your PC's most crucial components, the BIOS. GIGABYTE DualBIOS means that your motherboard has both a 'Main BIOS' and a 'Backup BIOS', protecting users from BIOS failure due to virus, hardware malfunction, improper OC settings or power failure during the update process.
On/Off Charge Technology
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger.
* Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
* Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.ca's Standard Return Policy