Fortinet FortiAP-221B FAP-221B-A Wireless AP Integrated Wireless Security and Access
- Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.3af
- Ethernet Port
- 2.4GHz/5GHz Selectable; 2.4GHz
The Need for a Fortified Wireless LAN
Enterprises are looking to increase productivity through uninterrupted access to applications and resources, without compromising security and agility. You want to increase visibility and control of your wireless network traffic by enforcing the same policies as your wired network and eliminate potential blind spots. You also need a solution that meets compliance objectives by proactively blocking unauthorized access, providing tools for business continuity, and following industry best practices.
Integrated Wireless Security and Access Solution
Fortinet’s FortiAP-221B and FortiAP-223B wireless thin access points deliver secure, identity-driven WiFi client access that creates a fortified WLAN network. Centrally managed by a FortiGate® or FortiWiFi™ platform with its integrated wireless controller, FortiAPs allow you to deploy a comprehensive, integrated security solution for your wireless and wired networks. By acting as a Wireless Controller, FortiGate or FortiWiFi security platforms enable you to deploy comprehensive unified threat management (UTM) protection over your wireless network.
Industry-Leading Wireless Technology
The FortiAP-221B and FortiAP-223B boasts the latest generation of wireless hardware with encompasses a set of advanced technologies and features enabled by 802.11n. This includes Low-density parity check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum likelihood demodulation/Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC)/(MLD), and Transmit Beamforming (TxBF). The end result is an impressive increase performance and coverage of ~+100% at short range, ~+50% at mid range and ~+25% at long range.
FortiAP is IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards-based, and operates on both 2.4 GHz b/g/n and 5 GHz a/n spectrums. It utilizes industry leading wireless chip technology that takes advantage of 2x2 MIMO (multiple input multiple output) with dual transmit streams. This MIMO technology allows the FortiAP-221B to reach wireless association rates as high as 300Mbps per radio and enables the coverage to extend more than twice as far as legacy 802.11a/b/g. FortiAP can support up to eight SSIDs per radio — seven for client access and one for scanning for rogue access points — and uses multiple techniques to find available FortiGate controllers over L2 or L3 networks.
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO
- Simultaneous security monitoring and client services
- Supports new directional beam forming for higher performance at extended range
- Full range of authentications and access for all use cases
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for unified control and reporting
- Fast Roaming for uninterrupted data access
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput
- Flexible deployment options with simple per device pricing
- Layer 7 application QoS for maximum business productivity
- Rogue AP control for PCI DSS compliance
Differentiating Features & Benefits
Enterprise Unified Threat Management
Protects your network with the widest range of security and networking technologies seamlessly integrated into a single device: Firewall, IPS, Application Control, VPN, Web Filtering, and many others.
Application-Layer Quality of Service
Going above and beyond Wireless Multimedia Extensions (WME) by offering layer 7 traffic shaping and application use control.
Robust Rogue AP Control
Industry’s most comprehensive monitoring, detection and suppression of rogue APs for PC DSS compliance.
“Single Pane of Glass” Management Console
Unmatched visibility and control of all wired and wireless network traffic that eliminates blindspots in your security infrastructure and ensures consistent and effective policy enforcement and compliance.
TX Beam Forming (TxBF) and Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC)
Leads to wider coverage and optimum performance due to extended Rate over a longer range.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by GCI Micro Return Policy