Date Joined: 06/01/16
Pros: - Looks pretty good
- Very easy and comfortable to carry, even with a fairly heavy build inside
- Lots of room despite being mATX
- Includes 2 RGB fans, an RGB controller and splitter, and can easily plug directly into a motherboard RGB header - MSI Mystic Light had no trouble picking them up!
- Room for multiple additional fans on the top and bottom
- Can stand in any orientiation, or on its back, and the power button panel can be removed, and put on a different side, which is nice for customization!
Cons: - The handles make it pretty big and bulky for an mATX case
- The handles can't be removed, and balancing a full build on these "feet" is questionable
- Awful airflow. Reading the reviews, I had a mixed idea of what the airflow would be. But according to CoreTemp, my Ryzen 5 2400G wasn't getting below 40 degrees. Another similar PC I built with a Ryzen 3 2200G keeps it nice and frosty around 30 degrees on idle. Putting my hand in the case to feel the air resulting in me not feeling hardly any air at all coming from the two front fans! I added a fan drawing in cool air on the bottom but the impact is low. The air coming out the rear exhaust fan is hotter than I feel it should be
-The clear side panel is actually very dark. I can barely see the components inside but an RGB strip inside may fix this.
Overall Review: I purchased this case for a commissioned build. This was one of the cases I presented in a suggested build, and the client (a teenage boy and his father) really liked this one. So aesthetically, it's a winner!
I don't think I will be building in this case again, although it's a great concept. I do think it's awesome for anyone who is doing LAN parties and stuff and wants a good-sized case while still being portable. It's so easy to carry one-handed.
Pros: - Bought this for $27 on sale, but it seems to normally be sold for $35, which is very reasonable
- Has a clear side panel
- Includes a front and rear fan, both of which are LED
- Compact and easy enough to build in
- Has a reset button
- Very easy to remove BOTH side panels! Just 2 thumb screws for each.
Cons: - The clear side panel is only part of the panel. It's just a window, and can look a bit odd.
- Can't change the color of the LEDs, so you need to commit to an orange theme
Overall Review: - I bought this for a budget build. If I was building another budget PC, I would buy it again! I can definitely recommend this if you are on a budget, as there are very few cases of this quality that are this inexpensive.
Pros: -Bought on sale for $150 after rebate, and included 3 free games including Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. So a pretty good deal!
-I bought it mostly to use on a future budget project, since it was an awesome deal. But, I do currently have it in my PC as a secondary card paired with my GTX 1080. It is running my second and third monitors and so far so good.
-Fans work well, everything fit perfectly in my case, etc, etc, etc.
-Looks good! There's no backplate, which is not surprising for the price, but the fan side of the card has a cool design. It looks nice.
Cons: -It's no GTX 1080, but for the price what do you expect??
Pros: -144hz works great. This is my first 144hz monitor and I'm impressed
-24 inches is the ideal maximum size for 1080p, so it looks great.
-I wasn't sure what curved would be like but I'm a big fan! It's subtle, but makes for a nice viewing experience
-I was impressed that it came with both a DisplayPort cable AND an HDMI cable. Most monitors I buy only come with one cable, if any, so this was a pleasant surprise.
-Got it for $180 after a mail-in rebate which seems like a steal!
Cons: -The VESA mount area is pretty small. I have two different VESA mounts and only one fit. The one I wanted to use was too large, but only by a couple millimeters. Just be warned that you will need a pretty bare-bones VESA plate
-It's pretty heavy but I think that is to be expected
-The joystick in the back is weird to get used to, but it is worth it to not have any buttons on the front
Pros: -Great price (I got this on sale for $110 but even full price is solid)
-Super easy to attach the stand or to mount it on a third-party monitor stand with VESA connections
-Specs are pretty standard, and you're getting solid specs for a solid price. 1080p, 60Hz, and 5ms are perfect for most people! Even as someone who does a lot of gaming, I am perfectly satisfied with these specs.
-For those mounting these monitors like I did, you'll be happy to know that the VESA connections match up and the monitors will be level even on a mount that doesn't have independently adjustable arms.
Cons: -The base of the stand is massive! I have the Dell E2414Hx, which is older, and the E2416Hm's base is huge in comparison. I was mounting these monitors on a third-party dual-monitor mount, so this didn't concern me too much. But if you want to put it on your desk, be advised.
-It takes VGA and DisplayPort. You're probably not using VGA, so DIsplayPort it is. It is basically impossible to find an HDMI-to-DisplayPort cable at normal tech retailer, so make sure you order one from NewEgg.
-On the note about DisplayPort, I should also say that the cable I bought did not fit.. The casing around the DisplayPort cable I bought was too fat and the depression in the monitor leaves almost no room for a large casing on the input plug. It's hard to see, but when you're looking at cables, try to find one in which the DisplayPort plug is closer to the edge of its casing.
Overall Review: This monitor is great value for the price, especially when it goes on sale, even if the sale is small. I got this to go next to my slightly older Dell E2414Hx on a dual-monitor mount, and they fit together perfectly there, and look great.
Pros: Seems like a good quality solid cable.
Cons: However, it didn't work with my monitor. I bought a Dell E2416Hm and it has a DisplayPort input. This casing around the DIsplayPort plug on this cable was too wide, and didn't fit into the depression in the monitor that the ports were in. It was extremely close, and I could probably just shave down the casing to make it work. But I was disappointed that it didn't fit.
Overall Review: Be aware that this thing is pretty fat around the DisplayPort plug, so it may not fit in your monitor if there is too tight of a space!