Date Joined: 02/22/09
Overall Review: Undervolt profile of 1815mhz @ 875mV results in 37C temps with constant 97/98% gpu usage in AC valhalla with a fan speed of 44% across all 3 fans and room temp of 70C. (It is winter here in northern ontario though) Another undervolt profile I have is 1935mhz@950mV.
Stock resulted in 99.1% pass in 20 min timespy stress test
Have not tested max GPU clock yet but very happy with this card these are temps I thought I would have need watercooled GPU to get.
The RGB customization is great and the app is a huge step up from my gigabyte. The photos really don't do this GPU justice I thought looking at the 3080 the cooler looked kind of ugly at first glance and temps online 74C were awful so I ignored it for a while until recently it was only GPU available at the time and saw the same review websites show 57C as load temp I was very interested then. Inside the case it is a beauty and the design is obviously very good for a 3070's power given my temps I am wondering if 3080 can really be that much higher stock and what same undervolt profiles will do.
Big plus with EVGA is their 90 day stepup program so if a 3080ti releases within 90 day time frame I can trade in my 3070 for it and not have to wait or get a 3080 thats extremely difficult to purchase unless you live close enough to a Canada Computers or Memory Express location that is doing in store pickup only in the middle of a pandemic???!
Pros: Great performance
Cons: Only con is having other rgb software affecting gskill rgb like mystic light.
Overall Review: Got expected speeds and timings np on msi z490 unify
Pros: - Side Fan, Tons of options for fans and radiators.
- Ability to install PSU in 2 locations.
- Awesome idea with locations for ssd's/harddrives.
- Removeable harddrive/ssd bays is perfect.
- Great temps however with a few tweaks could've been even better.
Cons: -Cheap plastic would of loved a version that was steel/aluminum on top of this budget friendly case
-Should have made room for 120mm fan on rear... so the case would have been 1.6" wider big deal. Could of even fit 2, 120mm on rear by increasing case height by 0.5" or you could've went with 2" bigger height giving room for radiator on rear also. It turns out with 2 80mm noctua NF-A8 on the rear it's the most important fans in the whole case when doing air cooled GPU. I have monster RTX 2080 Gigabyte Gaming OC heat rises and your logo placement interfering with rear fans being as close to GPU as possible doesn't help. 3 Corsair LL120's on top as exhaust running them on max 2200rpm didn't make up for difference the 2 80mm made. 3 LL120's on front as intake. Corsair h100i platinum on side as exhaust push/pull. Noctua 2000 rpm bot intake, Noctua 3000rpm bot intake which I will be replacing with 3 QL 120's.
Overall Review: I would definitely recommend this case to anybody there is not much out there with SIDE rad mount that competes with it those that do have other flaws or are 5x the price.
I would love to see a PC-011 AIR XL version with ability to have 4 120mm on top, 4 120mm on side, 4 120mm on front, 4 120mm on bottom, 2 120mm on rear all with rad support. Ideal setup IMO with AIO cpu cooler would be on the side and AIO GPU on the rear. This would give the case more cable management options over PC-011 AIR. Another option I would be perfectly fine with is 1-2 120mm on rear, 3 120mm on bottom, 3 120mm on top, 4 120mm on front, 4 120mm on side, aluminum/steel option and top panel mesh.
I miss the days of Full Towers and getting a case that fits all my needs now a days every case has some kind of flaw. I'm glad this was a budget case I could be happy with that didn't cost me too much money while I wait for a case company to make one that fits my needs.
Cons: -Power cord made loud noises when plugged in so bad I had to keep unplugged to sleep.
-died after 3 months
Overall Review: -Wasn't worth the hassle of RMA for loud power cord especially when next one I got could be the same. Did not last long at all for a while I thought it was my Harddrive that died but when I got around to testing hd in a docking station it worked so this enclosured stopped working and it was still being powered so I doubt it was faulty noisy power cord. Windows would recognize it as needing to be Formatted as if it was a brand new drive except it wouldn't work.
I have other Orico products and they are fantastic this drive is a just a dud. I have a usb hub, hd docking station, 2.5" ssd enclosure all from ORICO. I am glad this wasn't my first experience with ORICO as if it was I would be hesitant to buy anything else from them.
Pros: -Compatible with MSI z390 tomahawk ace, literally only needed to turn on XMP, one big reason I choose MSI is memory compatibility.
-RGB effect is nice compatible with MSI Mystic light
Cons: -None atm
Overall Review: Even if your motherboard will only support this at 4133mhz or 4000mhz its worth it to future proof this component. I upgraded from ddr3 1886mhz (4x4gb) that orange/blue leds man what a difference quality of leds are now a days.
Pros: -lower cpu temps by 5C put in Antec V3 1200 of side fan(side of case), using low noise cable with a custom fan curve set to increase based on CPU temp.
-wide RPM range
-comes with extension/y cable
-doesn't need to be on max to effective
-doesn't lie about fan specs in tech spec page.
Cons: -Lack of color options, BROWN would look bad in black/blue setup if I was using fan elsewhere.
Overall Review: -highly recommend to anyone looking for fan that will actually improve airflow/temps and doesn't claim to be 16.6dba silent @ 1200rpm like these cougar fans I bought but they really 1200rpm is 30+ dba have to run them all a 900rpm to get silent.
-definitely going to look at getting more of these in the future just wish they had more colour options.
Pros: -Exactly as described.
Cons: -Instructions maybe not so clear for novice user.
Overall Review: -Would definitely recommend this product. Makes cleaning thermal paste as fast and simple process.
Cons: -no trigger grips
-lack of color availability atm.
Overall Review: -Would definitely recommend this product I am hooked on grip controllers.
Pros: -Finally a card worth upgrading from XFi Titanium HD to.
-Software is easy to use
Cons: -Software has preset profiles you can't delete or move around all user created profiles go to the bottom.
-Creating new LED profile can be a bit confusing at first
-No preset Color cycle, can always keep top led and side led in sync.
Overall Review: -Would definitely recommend this product for anyone who doesn't have X7 usb dac.
-Exactly what I expected
Overall Review: -Highly recommend
Pros: -Keyboard doesn't need any software and selecting different modes/colors is easy to do.
-Has wide range of colors to select from its not just RGB or Red, Green, or Blue.
-6ft long cables, handy velcro cable wraps come with both mouse/keyboard
-Mouse is comfortable, highly recommend for casual use.
Cons: -Mouse has no software so your stuck with preset DPI's not really suitable for FPS gaming but I knew that before buying the product.
Overall Review: -Bought to replace awful mouse/keyboard that came with Parents computer.
Pros: -Blue perfect for my case
-Well made latches easy to clip and unclip
-easy to tell what is CPU extension and what is PCI express 8pin as cpu is 4/4
Overall Review: -Highly recommend this product for anyone looking for extension cables.
Pros: Overall great looking board/design except for one thing
Cons: -PCH heatsink is held in by 2 push pins little plastic spring pins with plastic edges preventing it from popping out while my mobo came with one fallen out/one of those plastic notches broken, I looked everywhere to try and find broken plastic notch in box/bag couldn't find it. It was as if someone already had this motherboard and messed with it/returned it but it was not labeled open box. Had I of known about these push pins previously I would've choose a different motherboard the only z390 MSI boards I see with the same push pins is the Z390 MPG Gaming Plus while the cheapest plain mobo msi has for z390 the Z390-A PRO doesn't. Hopefully these doesn't become a nagging problem in the future for anyone with this motherboard and for that fact I simply cannot recommend this motherboard why not make it a metal push pin, or a screw-in I don't MSI definitely needs to change this design IMO.
Overall Review: Waiting on replacement hopefully its better but I still feel these PCH heatsink push pin design is very poor especially considering motherboard is also 205$. Also need to note I did not get to setup motherboard so I can't comment on anything else as the PCH heatsink pin problem was the first thing I noticed when unboxing.
Pros: -Nice look
-Easy to put on screw or screwless.
Cons: I have antec twelve hundred v3 case and the stock fans on those were variable low, med, high setting and the leds were dead/dying on a bunch so decided to replace them with these which was suppose to run the same airflow but instead 30dba 18dba while I have 6 of these fans and they were definitely no 30dba @ 1200rpm I had to buy cables to make sure each was connected to the motherboard so I could run all the fans as low as possible which is between 800-900rpm range and then they sound like my old antec used to on low which were rated something like 24dba on low.
Overall Review: -Would definitely not recommend these fans since I have 6 of them and everyone is the same and nothing else seems to be wrong with them it seems like the 16.6 dba is 100% a lie.
Pros: -cool temperatures have yet to see it go above 67 even under full load.
-performance is as expected
-can overclock nicely +1-+130 core clock, +1-+900 mem clock.
Cons: -Software is kind of a mess RGB FUSION is broken atm and won't open up so can't change the LED on the card.
-AORUS Engine lacking On Screen Display to make it worthy over apps like EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner 4.6.
Overall Review: -Lack of RTX features atm like DLSS.
Overall exactly what expected performance wise and knowing I would have to wait for RTX features but definitely not impressed with AORUS Engine software, but not worth removing an egg atm. 4.5 eggs would be fair.
Pros: Work good for a year in a half.
Cons: -Only 1 ethernet port wants to give proper speeds, 1 doesn't work, 1 gives 10% of the connection other gives half connection.
-Wireless issues starting as well, with clients losing connection, never happend before...
Pros: -Bought it to run games 1080p maxed on 144hz monitor and it does it very well. Some games I have to go down to 60hz but every game I have tried I can get above 60fps at all times.
-Paid 569.99 can on release day it is now 609.99 canadian so thats a huge plus.
-I upgraded from GTX670 finally a card worth upgrading from 670 comes out :) I usually hold out for game changer gpu releases and I am definitely glad I waited.
-I don't know about higher resolutions but if you have a 144hz monitor I would definitely recommend this card.
-Don't worry about the fact its the same price as a console let the console kiddies have their 30fps on 24hz tv's or 60fps/60hz 900p and 720p resolutions. With this card you can destroy any game.
Cons: -Can't change LED color stuck with nvidia green alright though.
-Be careful about CPU I had a i5 3570k OC to 4.2ghz and the GTX 1070 was bottlenecking it slightly in GTA V not noticable to the average gamer however. CPU usage would be 70-100% (If your CPU usage hits 100% you have a bottleneck whether it effects FPS drastically or not determines how bad your bottleneck is. For me it wasn't too bad just had to turn down a few high end settings. I upgraded to i7 4790k and OC it to 4.4ghz and it runs GTA V better. My cpu usage is never higher than 70%. I am able to use those extra settings I couldn't really before like Extended draw distance, High res Shadows, the settings in the advanced section for GTA V settings if you played GTA V you know what I mean.
Overall Review: Would definitely recommend this card to anyone. Even if you have a GTX970 its worth upgrading. The only way you should stay away from this card is if you have 980TI, Titan X or maybe SLI 980s most likely if you have SLI 980's though you have money to buy 1070 or 1080. Those that need to save up the cash do it its definitely worth it. Just make sure you have a good CPU.
-Decent amount of space
-Came with external box (ability to use external or internal)
Cons: -Die on me after 2 years
-Pricey @ 199.99$ considering it died after only 2 years.
Pros: - Can change between pretty much any color you want for LED black light also the keys light up that color too!
- Can change between 5 preset colors on the fly
- Can have different macros for 5 different profiles
- Comes with clear see through keys that have a different texture/feel too them so you know which key is which.
- Comes with Q W E A S D and UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT ARROW KEYS
- Keyboard is nice and heavy
- Very comfortable to type with!
- Very fast a responding, My old keyboard was a Razer Lycosa 1000hz 1ms LOW PROFILE keyboard and I thought that was fast when I bought it. Also you can press as many keys as you want and they should/will all respond, any other keyboard I have owned/own does not do this.
- It definitely feels like I am doing actions way quicker in my First Person Shooter games, stuff like crouching, jumping, running, sliding etc all seems like I can move around with ease and won't have to worry about pushing keys too fast and one action does not respond because I am trying to type too many keys at once. I am very excited to try League of Legends with this keyboard should be a huge improvement over my last considering how FPS was/is.
Overall definitely 5 stars!
Cons: - Did not receive my clear A key disappointing because now I cannot use them for my WASD and Q and E if I want too! Would love to know if I can somehow get the clear A key shipped to me. Since it did not come in a sealed bag.
- Can only switch between 5 colors at once
- I had the ability to pick a color through a color bar on Windows 8.1 64bit and now on Windows 7 64 bit its back to the old pick a color box instead of way more colors and user friendly color bar.
- Can only use windows key in PC Mode, PC Mode is stuck on one default color and cannot be change as far as I know.
- You cannot set any macros in PC Mode.
- Importing previous saved Profiles from previous Operating System installs did not work. Tried many times.
- Keyboard went down in price 2$ or more lower a couple days after I bought it. Why was the price not already 2$ cheaper - I do not understand the logic here.
- The box is misleading, you cannot have the rainbow color like it shows on the box. I did my research and read reviews on the keyboard so I knew this was the case before I bought it but I still it as a con because the box makes it seem like you can. Other keyboards can do this, but I was set on this one and it was way cheaper than the corsair's plus corsairs didn't have very good reviews. Some users reported keyboard failing after few months rosewill reviews didn't have that once.
- The box advertises 16.8 million colors but you can only choose between like 250-300 plus the really light light colors all look the same. Brown does not look like brown at all. So overall you cannot pick between that many colors at all. Also I did an update for the keyboard on windows 8.1 64 bit and it gave me the Color bar so it made picking any number of colors higher and easier. I have tried to do the same update on windows 7 64bit but it has not worked. You go to the rosewill website and go to support/downloads for the keyboard and it has Drivers (rgb80 driver.zip Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 2.0 05/27/2015 5.6 M) And also Software (rgb80_software_v2.0.zip Windows V2.0 04/15/2015 5.7 M) But they both install the same thing each one makes you uninstall the previous install first so its confusing because you only need one but it has both and both were released at different dates.
- PLEASE SEND ME THE CLEAR SEE THROUGH A KEY I DID NOT RECEIVE MINE IN THE BAG EVERY OTHER KEY IS THERE I WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM ON QWEASD BUT IT IS TOO WEIRD WITH NO A KEY BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT FEEL OF THE KEYS. PLEASE GET IN CONTACT WITH ME ROSEWILL OR NEWEGG ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO TO RECEIVE MY A KEY THANK YOU
Overall definitely 5 stars!
Overall Review: So glad I did my research and choose brown mechanical switches. I almost went with blue before doing research and blue is more for typing than FPS gaming. Was thinking about getting MX Cherry RED switches but read those are bad for typing. Apparently Brown is more balanced for gaming on FPS/MMORPG's and typing.
I definitely recommend this keyboard for anyone who is looking to make the upgrade from membrane keyboard or other keyboard to mechanical. It is awesome. The brown switches are perfect they are not crazy loud like blue and not hard to type with at all took some getting used too to not make any mistakes typing. Also the feel of the keyboard is amazing what a difference. Overall very happy with my purchase got this baby on sale for 113$ with tax and shipping on newegg.ca!
- Would like to know how I can get my color bar back like I had on windows 8.1 you should create a driver/software that allows you to pick between the color boxes or color bar!
- PLEASE SEND ME THE CLEAR SEE THROUGH A KEY I DID NOT RECEIVE MINE IN THE BAG EVERY OTHER KEY IS THERE I WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM ON QWEASD BUT IT IS TOO WEIRD WITH NO A KEY BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT FEEL OF THE KEYS. PLEASE GET IN CONTACT WITH ME ROSEWILL OR NEWEGG ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO TO RECEIVE MY A KEY THANK YOU,
Overall definitely 5 stars!
Pros: Does what i expected
Cons: Down arrow has stopping working after 3 days use
Pros: Very nice blue, does just what I got it for, the air it moves is a big plus.
Pros: lowered my idle from 35C - 23C im running a intel q9550 2.83ghz quadcore. Also my CPU is never above 40C old fan would get as high as 60C.
Overall Review: I recommend this fan to anyone who has room for it it barely fit my case my case is 7.75 inches in width, this fan is 6inch in height.