Date Joined: 06/09/20
Pros: - It works
- The RGB looks nice
- It has a low profile so I was able to move the front fan on my Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler further in. I had been using G. Skill Trident Z RAM prior to buying this and it was at least a quarter inch taller.
Cons: - None so far
Overall Review: - I can't speak for other setups, but if you're using an X570 motherboard and a Ryzen 3000 series CPU in your build, this RAM will work for you and I highly recommend it.
- You can check the Crucial website to see if it's compatible with your motherboard (I did this prior to purchasing).
- I also wanted to mention that it has 16-18-18-38 timing. When I bought this, I thought it ran at a 16-19-19-39 timing, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Pros: - Has really good build quality
- As of the date of this comment, drivers work just fine
- At stock fan settings, it still runs pretty cool and produces little noise
- RGB lighting looks really nice and isn't overpowering
Cons: - Not a con for me, but it's massive and may not fit in some m-ATX cases, especially with front-intake radiator. Check those dimensions!
Overall Review: - If you really want to go AMD for graphics, I recommend this GPU. It seems top notch as far as AMD GPUs go.
Pros: - It works, everything has been running fine with the 3600x after a week of daily use.
- Great build quality
- It looks great
- Chipset temps are nice and cool
Cons: - No functional cons so far
- There was an issue where my motherboard's USB 3.0 pins came bent but I straightened them back out and they work.
Overall Review: - If you want to build in a micro-ATX case, I highly recommend this motherboard. It works well with white/light colored builds.
Pros: - Moves a lot of air
Cons: - Noisy (should not have listened to reviews saying it's not bad)
- Cords are way too short for case fans. They literally cannot reach anywhere on my motherboard without using extensions cables that are not included.
Overall Review: - I bought these thinking I would match them with my front fans on my Cooler Master H500M case, but it's not worth it. They are too noisy and the cords are hassle, costing you more in the long run since you have to buy extensions cords to reach any system fan headers or aRGB headers.
Pros: - All metal, no plastic
- No RGB
- Superb VRM
- Has same features as motherboards more expensive than it (check comparisons for yourself)
Cons: - If you use a lot of SATA ports, this board only has four. Not an issue for me, as I'm only using two.
Overall Review: Overall, a great X570 board that pairs perfectly with the Ryzen 9 3900X. I have a Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK CPU cooler, so this pairs perfectly with it to give my system a clean, matte-black look. It's a nice future-proof motherboard that I will be using for years down the line while I upgrade the components around it. I hope MSI continues down this road and has future iterations of the Unify.