Date Joined: 01/12/09
Pros: Installed and formatted this as a GPT drive on my Thinkpad with no issues.
Cons: I had to return it as it is loud regardless of what the description says. It is louder than any drive I've used before (and I've always used 7,200 RPM drives). I got constant humming and that was the only sound that could be heard in the room.
Pros: I have always used Crucial memory with my Thinkpads. Never had a single problem.
Cons: None so far.
Pros: I don't know why Newegg lists this little thing as a netbook. It's a fully fledged notebook in a netbook size. Phenomenal battery life. CPU is more than enough for web surfing, office applications, and watching HD movies (probably not so much for gaming but who would want to play games on a laptop with 11.6" screen anyway). Solid build. Bright screen. Great little and super lightweight laptop.
Cons: Bloatware (I removed everything except the Acer recovery management tool). The enter key is small and I always hit the quotation key instead.
Pros: I have a 3.5" external hard drive that I built myself for backing up my files. But I needed a more portable one. As I usually do, I spent some time to do some research and ended up getting the FreeAgent Go 320 Gb and am pretty happy about it because:
1. It is slim and stylish and the build quality is just superb.
2. You won't believe how quiet it is. Absolutely inaudible.
3. Good transfer rate (don't look at the RPM, 7200 won't give you much improvement since it's the USB transfer rate that matters here).
4. I've read somewhere that they pack it with a Momentus 5400.5 (or 5400.2), which is a reliable HDD as most of Seagate drives..
5. As always, Newegg rules. Low price, free same day shipping and delivery in just two days.
Cons: 1. I got a black hard drive and I have a black Thinkpad but the drive came with a white USB cord, which is the biggest complain I have.
2. The preinstalled software is useless. At least for me. I erased all preinstalled stuff right away. However, no need to reformat if you use Windows, b/c the drive is already formatted in NTFS.
Overall Review: I would give 6 eggs if not for the two cons I listed :).