Date Joined: 10/16/08
Pros: - No Pros
Cons: - The download software is buggy beyond all reason.
- I have not received my "free gift" as this simply does not work.
Overall Review: I've tinkered with technology since I was in second grade, worked in I.T. my entire career, and developed software for 25 years. I am literally a Solutions Architect with decades of experience. Other developers and I.T. Professionals come to me for advice and help with their projects.
I could not make this work. Seems some other people have been lucky enough to have the stars in the right alignment as they attempted to download this software, but it definitely does not work correctly. That is my professional opinion.
This "Free Gift" has been nothing but a waste of my time. Granted, I only invested about 30 minutes into trying to retrieve my "Free Gift", but that kind of effort should not be required. This solution needs to be re-engineered.
Pros: - Spacious - There is room to spare in this case.
- Easy to take apart and put back together
- Both sides are on magnetic lock, removable doors.
- Built-In Cable Management is Excellent
- Isolated area for the Power Supply
- SSD Drives can be hidden under the motherboard
- Great Airflow with top and front cover removed.
- Top and front cover have magnetic release, so they are easy to remove and install
- Even the power supply is easy to put in and take out on this box
- MB Risers are pre-installed, but can be removed if needed.
- Comes with a divided box of screws that I'll likely use for years.
- Sturdy Design
Cons: - Absolutely No Cons.
Overall Review: I never thought I would be this excited about a case. This box is absolutely incredible. It is easy to take apart, easy to customize, roomy, sturdy and Phanteks has thrown in a lot of extras like a separated box of case screws.
At one point during the build, I was just about to get frustrated when I realized that I should've plugged the cables into the modular power supply before I put it in the case. Then I remembered that two hand twist screws are all it takes to pull the power supply back out.
They really thought of everything. They already installed the MB riser screws, which I didn't know that I cared about... but it was just one less thing to worry about during the build.
Worried about airflow during gaming? There are two sound insulated plates that pull right off and a replaced just as easily so you can dampen noise when you are done. TBH, I'm not even sure this will be necessary, but it is cool that they thought of everything.
I will only buy Phanteks cases going forward. Absolutely incredible.
Pros: Once all is said and done, it is a nice-looking case.
Cons: - The pre-drilled holes for the motherboard mount did not fit the provided hardware.
- The case is not configured correctly for water-cooling. I managed to get it to work only using 2 screws and mounting the fan on a slight angle.
- The provided hardware was cheap quality and very easy to strip
Overall Review: Now that the machine is built, it is a nice-looking case; however, I would not buy one again because the quality and design are just not great for building. The build would've been much easier with a different case.
Pros: When the drive worked, it was great.
Cons: The drive failed after a couple of weeks. NewEgg's Return Policy is also lackluster. I wish I would've ordered this from elsewhere, so I could get a refund instead of an exchange. Based on other similar reviews, I have little faith the second drive will be better.
Overall Review: I made the mistake of writing a review right after I bought the drive. I should've waited. Please disregard my 5 star review.
Pros: It came in a pretty box.
Cons: It simply did not work. I probably just got a defective unit, but I'm too impatient to wait for a second supply to be shipped. I just ran up to the store and overpaid for another supply.