Date Joined: 10/19/16
Pros: - Great size for CPU
-120mm fan for optimal heat dissipation
- Fits perfectly over Micro ATX boards
- Easy to assemble and attach
Cons: - It will cover ram slots, so steer clear from tall ram when using this
Overall Review: - I would recommend this to others and even buy another because of its performance.
- Perhaps maybe somehow make it fit better next to the ram if possible???
Pros: - The new look. Never liked the red on the previous version. I feel like if u get an RGB board, may as well get one that's got a neutral color scheme to it. That's exactly what they did on this new version.
- RGB lighting on the right side of the board is awesome cool.
- Syncs with my GTX 1070 strix and their LEDs complement eachother nicely. (also looks nice with my GeIL Evo X rgb ram)
- Great overclocking ability. Got my i7 6700k overclocked to 4.8 ghz stable with less 10 minutes of tweaking settings. (didn't stress test as I will be attempting a higher and more thorough overclock next week.)
- Decent sound quality with that supreme fx.
- SupremeFX light has a cool "circuit" effect in the bios
Cons: - My motherboard came slightly warped which left me with buyer's remorse -____-x but it works though.
- The asus xonar DG sounds better than the onboard -___-x How do I know this you ask? I use Astro A50's when gaming and listening to music. When I watch concert footage, the sound doesn't feel as powerful as it did on my z97 (haswell board) sporting the xonar DG. You could blame it on the hardware configuration... but considering that -everything- in the newer build is better, I don't see why I would get less sound quality.
- For it being a "Pro Gaming" RGB motherboard, I would have liked to see RGB headers on it... OR a better sound controller...
- The SupremeFX LED is only in red! Would have been nice to be able to change that too. Bummer.
Overall Review: Because of how I feel about this, I'm not sure if I could really recommend it to someone who is trying to rock a high end computer. It's definitely nice though for a gamer on a budget granted that it's on sale or has a rebate.
Other than that, I would much have rather saved a little bit more for a motherboard with RGB headers on it. If I didn't submit my rebate already I would have sent this board back. Oh well. At least I got it for a good price.
Pros: - SOLID build quality just SOLID
- Comes with adapters for plugging the LED sections to the motherboard fan header or rgb headers (select mobos only)
- has built in switch to manually change the colors of the LEDs *great if you don't have the rgb header
- CAN BE USED with software like ASUS aura and msi mystic light (Not sure about gigabyte though)
- RGB controller separately powered from ram so it will not bog down performance.
- They look pretty awesome when lit up... so awesome that I bought another pair a week later x)
- These things perform extremely well too. Never used a GeIL product before, but this definitely left a good impression.
- You get 4 breathing LED options out of the box if you don't have a compatible motherboard with RGB headers
- The LEDs look extremely sexy in my Rosewill Cullinan and will likely look great in other tempered glass setups as well!
Cons: - When the led section is plugged into the motherboard fan header, you ONLY get 4 options: Color Cycle (which lights up all sorts of colors using a breathing effect), Red, Blue, or green. (Single colors breathe as well)
- When manually switching colors, sometimes it doesn't fully light up. This is just a very minor quirk as it can be fixed by switching to a different color and then back to your desired choice. NO FURTHER PROBLEMS ON THAT PART Just wanna put it out there for people like me who take comments like that kinda harshly. Once configured the lights are good to go.
- These are VERY tall. So if you have a smaller case/motherboard and are trying to stick a cooler in your system... the cooler has a good chance of hitting these ram sticks (or tubes if you have an AIO) depending on the way your rig is setup.
Overall Review: I would definitely recommend this to others. I love this ram! Would I buy it again? Hah. Already did.
Pros: - Not just a mounting kit for an SSD, but also a cooler.
- Was very nicely priced at the time of purchase and even free after rebate. So much bang for the buck... I mean penny. No doubt about that!
Overall Review: No other thoughts.
Pros: As I mentioned with the 450w version of this...
- Gets the job done.
- Works well with a minimalistic gaming build... so like an i3 6100/g3258 paired with a low/medium end gpu. Heck this even meets the requirements for a GTX 1050!
Cons: Not enough power to power high end cards. But then you'd be looking in the wrong place if that's what you're looking for.
Overall Review: No other thoughts except that I didn't think a 1050 would work with this but surprisingly does.
Pros: - Fast and -reliable-
- Very aesthetically pleasing in my wife's NZXT s340 elite
Overall Review: None at all actually. Sucks that the image on the SSD is a sticker but hey, it STILL looks really cool. Just would have looked cooler if the sticker was somewhat metallic. But hey, that's all personal preference.
Pros: - Solid performance
- ample space for those who don't need/want 1tb
- you definitely get more "computer" for your dollar here when you buy this on sale.
Overall Review: - I would recommend this to the budget gamer, the budget artist, or even amateur content creator for saving your library of work. Just be sure to test it of course.
Pros: - Works well. Windows loads up fairly quickly with this drive.
- Unbeatable price
Overall Review: I would recommend this to others who don't need a whole lot of storage, for people who are building a streaming pc, or for those who run their OS on an SSD and want a small HDD for some games and other small programs.
Pros: - Great Build quality
- Heatsink is nice
- Looks great in a white/red LED configuration
Overall Review: Yes I would recommend this product to others as it will do the job and provide great aesthetics to any build.
Pros: - Great power supply for low/medium end cards
- Very power efficient
- Build quality is excellent
- worked well with a GTX 960 paired with a g3258 and i3 6100u
Overall Review: I would definitely suggest this to others who are trying to game on a budget. This thing is rock solid.
Pros: Bright and uses little power.
Overall Review: I would definitely recommend this to others as they are bright and use little electricity.
Pros: - The 4 included -15- LED fans. They are quiet and freakin awesome to look at in that tinted TG (temp glass)
- The tint in the TG makes LED lighting look more sophisticated and classy.
- That GPU anti-sag bracket. Fits my gtx 1070 strix nicely.
- Magnetic dust covers
- Discreet hard drive bay in the rear
- Power supply shroud
- The top and front fans are adjustable for use with radiators
- Basic fan controller (definitely enough for me especially since there's no other way to install a dedicated controller on the case without jerry rigging it.)
- Plenty of USBs in the front
- Cable management is pretty awesome in here
Cons: These aren't cons for me, but can be cons for others so take it with a grain of salt if you will, but I have been researching this case for 2 months before I bought it and owned it for one before I reviewed it so I've put a lot of thought in it.
- This might be a huge concern for petite users or those who don't bench 100lbs of hot pockets, but the case is HEAVY after putting parts inside. my seasonic modular power supply really added extra weight to it x.x
- No place to put optical drive or other tower extras on the front panel
- It ONLY comes with blue fans
- GPU "sports bra" only supports longer cards, generally cards with 3 fans cooling the gpu. So cards that are as long as a gigabyte r9 390 windforce ain't gonna fit. Sorry guys.
- I haven't tried it myself but i think if you stuck a 360mm radiator in there in push-pull configuration, your bottom fan in pull configuration will either NOT fit or be blocked by the power supply shroud
- SSDs are hidden in the back
- Back is tempered glass so "You can see your messy cables in the back" If you have hella bright light say like white... maybe that would be true, but with the different colors ive tried: red, blue, green and purple, you can barely see whats in the back. Heck when I was showing my buddy my case I had to shine an LED flashlight to the back to show him how the SSDs fit.
Overall Review: I would definitely recommend this to other people. I've had so much to say about it already, plus I would definitely buy it again!
I can only say that this will reach a wider audience if sold in a fanless configuration (boo, but some people prefer it) or with different colored LED fans.
Pros: - 8 outlets
- can't go wrong with belkin
- very nice sized cord. can route the thing anywhere so it will be discreet if you want it to be
- has cable management clip at the end.
Cons: - minor cosmetic imperfections.. it's not open box, but ive seen plastic that's been more evenly polished (not that you need the power supply to look fancy but if there's anything I could knock this on it would be that plastic for sure.
- I only say this because as a belkin product, I expect a little more in terms of build quality. This is purely cosmetic though so don't confuse my statement with "this item is cheaply made"
Overall Review: I would definitely recommend it... just polish the dang thing more belkin!! come on!
Pros: I've built a handful of computers this holiday season and because of this I needed to start a trial of Newegg premier. The trial paid for itself like 10 times during that trial period... and it was only a TRIAL! I'm pretty sure it's going to continue to be an essential part of my computer building hobby. Those e-mail deals... promo codes... even premier customer service hotline? Did I mention that their customer service staff is awesome too?
Cons: Too good for a pleb such as myself.
Overall Review: First of all, I would definitely recommend this to friends and family. Already have! Since it's already become a huge part of my hobby, I definitely see myself renewing next year. However, if there was one thing I could change about this, I would change the name. I would call it Newegg's eggcellent eggstraordinary eggtravagant eggciting eggceptional Premier. And no I am definitely not eggagerating because I've already dealt with their awesome customer service team on 3 different occasions for 3 different issues; a price match for black november, a missing package, and an order that didn't get processed due to an error at my bank. ALL ISSUES solved.
This is eggactly what I need from a customer service team.
Pros: Full Modular. Clean look. Top notch build quality.
Cons: If you do not like full modular, a clean look, and top notch build quality then this product is not for you.
Overall Review: By the way, the PSU is a little on the heavy side so if you are physically challenged, then perhaps you should lift some weights.