Date Joined: 05/19/05
Pros: (See previous review)
Cons: (See previous review)
Overall Review: I was eventually able to improve the video quality on this adapter by lowering the resolution to 1280x720. At this resolution, videos played properly.
Pros: - Solid *metal*
- Very smooth action.
- Heavy duty.
- Incredibly easy to set up.
- Easy to adjust tension. (I actually had to loosen the tension significantly--most mount reviews comment on how it seems impossible to tighten them enough. Not so with this unit.
- Includes *both* clamp and grommet mounting options.
- One of the arms is removable, providing flexibility in tight spaces. (I am using two monitors, one with both arms, the other with only one.)
- Includes basic cable management.
- Choose between thumb screws and traditional screws when securing monitor to mount.
Cons: These are *minor* but worth stating.
- I would have preferred all black istead of chrome (it just "hides" better).
- Price was kind of high at $140, but you get what you pay for. These are NOT cheapy junk mounts.
Overall Review: You will not be disappointed by this mount!
I have an "L" shaped desk with the monitors in the corner on a raised shelf. Although I'm using 20" monitors, it's getting to the point where it was hard to sit back in my chair with the keyboard drawer fully out and be able to read the monitors (in totall, about 2.5' away) without having to lean forward. I wanted to be able to pull them right out over my keyboard in front of me when doing some major coding work without having to squint. (It's also handy when my three-year-old wants to watch a movie while hanging out with me in the office. I can swing one monitor out for her to watch and keep the other in front of me!)