The Cosmos 1000 from Cooler Master has an acoustical performance that reminds you of the quiet of space. Extreme sound suppression was a primary focus of the design. All four of the fans are 120mm to move the most air with the least noise. The two fans on the top blow air out through a louvered duct and the intake fan is on the bottoms and pulls air up through a filter. The side panels are covered in a sound deadening material.
But it isn't just about keeping things cool, convenience also played an important role in the design process. The five external 5.25" bays have a one button locking system to secure the drives in place. Six hard drives can be installed in individual cages with sound deadening grommets. The cages and expansion slot screws are all thumb screws so you don’t need to worry about finding a screwdriver, though one is included.
At the top of the case is the control and connection panel with the power and reset buttons, plus the status LEDs. They've also included a FireWire port, eSATA port and audio jacks. Four USB ports let you connect your peripherals without having to reach around the back of your case.
- Supreme Expandability with 11 Drive BaysBoasting five external 5.25" drive bays, and six internal 3.5" drive bays, the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 provides supreme expandability.
- Ultra-quiet OperationFeaturing a sound barrier design, the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 applies soundproofing materials inside the chassis to minimize component vibration and block system noise for silent operation.
- Maximum CoolingThe Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 is equipped with four 120mm fans (one at the rear, two on the top, and one at the bottom), a VGA air duct and a dedicated 120mm fan mount for HDD, providing maximum cooling for your computer system.
- Tool Free InstallationThe Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 features finger pressing buttons for easy installation or upgrade of the 5.25” devices.
- Convenient Top I/O PanelThe Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 features a convenient top I/O panel for easy access to four USB 2.0 ports, one IEEE 1394a port, one eSATA port and two audio ports.